Neurological Rehabilitation is designed to help patients with nervous system or neurological diseases. Rehabilitation aims to increase function, reduce debilitating symptoms and improve a patient’s quality of life. The types of rehabilitation treatments recommended depend on the areas of the body affected by the neurological condition.
Neurological rehabilitation involves the treatment of people with movement and function disorders that have originated from problems within the body’s nervous and neuromuscular system. These conditions often reveal themselves as muscle weakness, poor balance and coordination, uncontrolled muscle spasm and tremors, loss of function and decreased sensation. Some neurological conditions that can benefit from physiotherapy are – injuries, infections, degenerative diseases, structural defects, tumors, and disorders in the circulatory system.
At vasavi hospital and rehabilitation center, our goal is to help the patients return to the highest level of function and independence possible, while improving their overall quality of life – physically, emotionally and socially. With a professional and competent team, vasavi hospital and rehabilitation center offers neurological rehabilitation services, such as:
- Bobath approach to initiate normal movements
- Carr and Shepherd approach to promote motor relearning
- Brunnstrom approach to break the synergistic movements
- PNF patterns to initiate diagonal patterns of movements for limbs and trunk
- Coma Stimulation to improve alertness and conscious level in a coma or vegetative state
- Tilt table to promote blood circulation and weight-bearing
- Facilitatory and inhibitory techniques to sensory and tone improvement
- Bodyweight support treadmill training to initiate gait.